Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Never, Ever Go Back....

There are two rules to dating, or so the age old story goes.

1) Never, ever call a boy
2) Never, ever go back.

I always like to go back, to revisit the once tried, now broken relationship.

Take this blog for instance. It was all hot and heavy to begin with, I was thinking about it during the day where I should've focusing at work, I would laugh to myself at the jokes we had shared, I mean, we were so in sync for those 2 weeks and I thought it would never end. But it did, abruptly, like it always does. I soured. I do that. I switched off, became bored, restless- it became a chore to even think about the blog. The blog became, well, blah and so I dismissed it, ignored it, didn't want to share it or introduce it to my friends. I moved on, not to Twitter, not even back to Facebook.

I just moved on....

But now I'm back.

I usually throw the life line out again with a cute little text message, something with a self deprecating tone, maybe recycle one of our little jokes, suggest a drink (insert shoulder shrug here) and we begin again.

So, cheers. I missed you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment